Welcome to Maria's Bookshop
Maria's Bookshop, on historic Main Avenue in Durango, Colorado, is a locally-owned, independent bookstore featuring regional titles, bestsellers, local authors, guidebooks, cards, journals, toys, games and more. We are staffed by 15 well-read, friendly booksellers and we look forward to helping you find just the right book for you, whether you're shopping online with us or in person.
Interested in seeing what Maria's Bookshop customers are reading this week? Here's our current Top Ten. (August 24th - August 30TH)
Non-Fiction dominates our Top Ten List this week. Great reads like Emerald Mile, Dead Run, The Boys in the Boat, and Unbroken prove that there are some fantastic stories to be told. And some awesome writers to tell them. Stop by Maria's Bookshop today and pick one up. You'll be happy you did!!
- "With a Little Help from Our Friends: Creating Community as We Grow Older" - Book signing with author Beth Baker(5 days)
- "The Aging Athlete: What We Do To Stay in the Game" - Book signing with author Martha McClellan(7 days)
- Book signing with local author Carolyn Hobbs - "Free Yourself: 10 Life-Changing Powers of Your Wise Heart" (35 days)
- Durango Common Reading Experience - "Dead Man Walking" by Susan Helen Prejean, event at Fort Lewis College (49 days)
- Book signing with local author Ron Pevny: "Conscious Living, Conscious Aging: embrace & savor your next chapter"(58 days)