Welcome to Maria's Bookshop
Celebrating 30 years serving our outstanding community!!
Thank you all for your support!!!!!
Maria's Bookshop, on historic Main Avenue in Durango, Colorado, is a locally-owned, independent bookstore featuring regional titles, bestsellers, local authors, guidebooks, cards, journals, toys, games and more. We are staffed by 15 well-read, friendly booksellers and we look forward to helping you find just the right book for you, whether you're shopping online with us or in person.
Weekly Top 10 Bestsellers
Interested in seeing what Maria's Bookshop customers are reading this week? Here's our current Top Ten. (September 7th - September 13th)
Riding the wave of great book events last week scored landed Kevin Fedarko's "The Emerald Mile" and Martha McClellan's "The Aging Athlete" in the top two spots on our Top Ten List - by comfortable margins. Elsewhere on the list, FOOD is definitely on the minds many people lately. AND - dare I say it - Star Wars!? Check it out and see what Bookshoppers are buying.
- Banned Books Week(3 days)
- 30th Anniversary Celebration(8 days)
- Mike Maddox @ Animas Museum(16 days)
- Book signing with local author Carolyn Hobbs - "Free Yourself: 10 Life-Changing Powers of Your Wise Heart" (19 days)
- Lit Fest @ Durango Public Library Augusten Burroughs(22 days)
- Lit Fest @ Durango Public Library Local Authors + Andrew Guilliford(23 days)
- Durango Common Reading Experience - "Dead Man Walking" by Susan Helen Prejean, event at Fort Lewis College (33 days)
- Esther Greenfield @ Powerhouse Science Center(38 days)