CELEBRATING 30 YEARS!!!!
Maria's Bookshop, on historic Main Avenue in Durango, Colorado, is a locally-owned, independent bookstore featuring regional titles, bestsellers, local authors, guidebooks, cards, journals, toys, games and more. We are staffed by 15 well-read, friendly booksellers and we look forward to helping you find just the right book for you, whether you're shopping online with us or in person.
Want to find out why Maria's Bookshop has been around for 30 years? Check out this article by Tracy Chamberlin in The Durango Telegraph:
Weekly Top 10 Bestsellers
Interested in seeing what Maria's Bookshop customers are reading this week? Here's our current Top Ten. (October 12th - October 18th)
It was a NonFiction kind of week at Maria's Bookshop. Eight of our Top Ten Bestsellers hail from that side of the lterary spectrum. Ron Pevney's "Conscious Living, Conscious Aging" claimed our top spot as we run up to his Book Event here on 10/30. "Dead Man Walking" finished a close second preceding this week's Wednesday night appearance of Sister Helen Prejean at Fort Lewis College. And new release "Tough Men in Hard Places" also made a strong showing. Check out the story on Esther Greenfield's book in the 10/20 Durango Herald article by David Buck - and see her at The Powerhouse for the big event on Sunday 10/26.
- Durango Common Reading Experience - "Dead Man Walking" by Susan Helen Prejean, event at Fort Lewis College (1 day)
- Esther Greenfield @ Powerhouse Science Center(6 days)
- Book signing with local author Ron Pevny: "Conscious Living, Conscious Aging: embrace & savor your next chapter"(10 days)
- Ghost Tracks Book Event & Ghost Tour(12 days)
- Jennifer Pharr Davis @ Durango Public Library(16 days)
- Doug Peacock @ The Durango Art Center(17 days)
- Shannon Galpin "Mountain to Mountain" @ Universalist Untitarian Church 6:30 pm(24 days)
- Blood Drive(25 days)