Welcome to Maria's Bookshop
Maria's Bookshop, on historic Main Avenue in Durango, Colorado, is a locally-owned, independent bookstore featuring regional titles, bestsellers, local authors, guidebooks, cards, journals, toys, games and more. We are staffed by 15 well-read, friendly booksellers and we look forward to helping you find just the right book for you, whether you're shopping online with us or in person.
Now Hiring – Bookseller Avid reader wanted to share great books with our customers. Permanent, part- to full-time position w/fun, hard-working, chocolate-loving team. Must be available nights and weekends. Requires excellent customer service and computer skills. Cover Letter and job application below Bestseller list and at Maria’s Bookshop front counter.
Interested in seeing what Maria's Bookshop customers are reading this week? Here's our current Top Ten. (July 21-27)
While local interest books still dominate the top of this week's list, great fiction is beginning to flourish in the Top Ten. Gayle Forman's "If I stay" and Donna Tartt's " The Goldfinch" are joined by some excellent fantasy novels authored by Veronica Roth and Patrick Rothfuss to help round out our list. Our booksellers are masterful in helping you find the right book to entertain you through these Dog Days of summer. Stop in and pick out a cool read today!
|Bookseller - cover letter.pdf||52.44 KB|
|Bookseller - application.pdf||80.79 KB|
- Mother Rabbit - Book signing with local author Tekla Dennison Miller (11 days)
- "With a Little Help from Our Friends: Creating Community as We Grow Older" - Book signing with author Beth Baker(37 days)
- "The Aging Athlete: What We Do To Stay in the Game" - Book signing with author Martha McClellan(39 days)
- Book signing with local author Carolyn Hobbs - "Free Yourself: 10 Life-Changing Powers of Your Wise Heart" (67 days)
- Durango Common Reading Experience - "Dead Man Walking" by Susan Helen Prejean, event at Fort Lewis College (81 days)
- Book signing with local author Ron Pevny: "Conscious Living, Conscious Aging: embrace & savor your next chapter"(90 days)